Training and Courses
Surface Science Western offers courses/workshops and training to both industrial and academic clientele.
Training of personnel on specific instrumentation can be arranged upon request. Training will be tailored to meet the specific analysis needs of the client.
Courses or workshops on various SSW areas of expertise can be arranged upon request. SSW staff and faculty members have lectured and published on a wide variety of topics and are considered national and international experts in their fields. Some recent workshop themes have included:
- Analysis of Automotive Paint Defects and Coating Failures
- An Introduction to Surface Analysis Techniques for Industrial Users
- Advanced X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) Techniques and Data Analysis
- Short Course on Surface Science and Microanalysis
- Raman Spectroscopy Use in an Industrial Laboratory
- Mineral Processing and Flotation Separation
- Analysis Techniques Applied to Corrosion Science
SSW faculty members teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses throughout the academic year. Faculty members also accept students for 4th year thesis and graduate studies. Please contact SSW for up to date information.