Surface Science Western has worked closely with aircraft parts suppliers, Canadian aircraft manufactures and companies manufacturing space-based communication satellites. Typical manufacturing issues we have addressed include quality of raw materials, material analysis, integrity of coatings such as epoxy and paint systems, corrosion and wear.
Complete confidentiality of your product is ensured, if required, we have standard confidentiality agreements, or we can tailor documentation to fit your individual needs.
- Examination and identification of paint defects
- AES of oxidation of airframe components
- Surface evaluation of bearing surfaces
- Evaluation of wear debris from bearing housing
- Identification of residue on plated surfaces
- Analysis of windscreen crazing
- Fuel filter contamination assessment
- Determination of coating adhesion issues on turbine engine components
- Analysis of phosphate morphology and its impact on paint adhesion