The application notes provide short examples of how a variety of analytical techniques and instrumentation are employed to address common problems in the mineral processing industry. In each note, the capacity and application of the instruments available at SSW to solve specific metallurgical problems are clearly illustrated. As well, methodologies and typical outputs from each example are shown. While these application notes are representative of the most common analytical requests we receive, we also undertake a variety of other projects related to Earth and Environmental Sciences.
Examples not shown here include the following; aspects of mineral chemistry in relation to site remediation, surface chemistry of coal combustion products in relation to gas discharge modification. For additional, in-depth information and consulting on specific problems please contact us directly.
- Quantitative D-SIMS analysis of sub-microscopic gold in sulphide minerals
- Determination of surface gold preg-robbed on carbonaceous matter from autoclave pressure oxidation (AC-POX))/carbon in leach (CIL) stream products
- Deportment of gold in an autoclave pressure oxidation (AC-POX))/carbon in leach (CIL) residue
- Surface chemistry in relation to flotation selectivity: TOF-SIMS surface analysis of mineral phases from metallurgical tests in flotation circuits
- Characterization of passivating coatings on gold grains from carbon in leach (CIL) residue sample by TOF-SIMS
- Feed ore characterization: ore chemical activity testing by ToF-SIMS